A tidy, well-kept house is always pest free, right? Not necessarily. Pests can be attracted to homes for various reasons, many of which have nothing to do with cleanliness. Some common home invaders make it very obvious that they are there, while generations of others may hide away without a peep.
There are many reasons why regular pest control is necessary for every homeowner to consider. Pest control and management refers to any system or measure that seeks to eliminate or regulate the population of insects considered harmful to human and animal health and the environment in general. It can offer respite from cockroaches, ants, rants, bed-bugs, termites and many more of these creepy crawlies.
Pest control requires a lot of work and resources but we made it all easy with KNOX professional pest control service. It is a necessity for homes, offices and shops especially in major areas like JLT, Marina, Jumeira Village, Palm Jumeira, Dubai Marina, Al Barsha, Silicon Oasis, The Springs, Meadows, Dubailand, apart from old areas like Deira, Bur Dubai, etc. Here are the reasons why pest management is important and why every owner, home or office, should consider it:
- 1. Preventing damage to homes and structures
Recent survey says U.S. people spend about $5 billion for the repair of damages caused by termite infestation. Termites consume wood and wood products such as ply board and paper. Once they have burrowed into the wood components of the home, they can eat beams, floorings and walls from the inside. This makes the structure weak and vulnerable to collapse, leaving household members at a risk. Termite infestation can be especially problematic in older homes and structures that have not been treated. In areas where termites,flies & cockroaches (which is one of the most common pest problems in U.A.E) are known pests, managing a home to keep it safe from them requires constant vigilance and assistance from KNOX professional pest control agencies.
- 2. Preventing allergies
Pests can cause a range of issues in people, such as skin allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems. Bed bugs and mosquitoes, for example, are notorious for causing skin rashes. Pests can also carry certain alleges that can cause strong allergic reactions in some people. Cockroaches, for example, can cause allergies in at least 7% of the population. They are also one of the leading causes of asthma in children because of which using professional pest control becomes important
- 3. Avoiding diseases and other health risks
Leprosy, skin infections, urinary tract infections, Lyme disease, intestinal infections, dysentery, dengue, malaria, and food poisoning are just a few of the diseases and health problems that pests can cause. They also carry a number of bacteria and viruses that can affect human and animal health. Although many of these diseases are treatable, they can cause serious health issues in children, the elderly and immune-compromised individuals, many of whom will require professional medical treatment or hospitalization.
That, in turn, can translate to thousands of dirhams in medical costs instead just by spending small amounts in pest control that gives you long term relief even after months of service.
- 4. Preventing damage and deterioration of furniture, carpets and clothes
Pest control has to be applied in order to save furniture, carpets and clothing and avoid the expenses associated with repairs and replacements. Burrowing insects are notorious for causing damage to the wooden and fabric components of furniture. Some, such as carpet bugs, moths, cockroaches and silverfish are also attracted to fabric, often using it as a source of food. But with the usage of KNOX pest control you no more have to worry about it.
- 5. Maintenance of food supply
Food supply is critical to the survival of the world’s populations. On a macro economic level, it also influences the world’s economies and supports the majority of today’s active industries. Without proper pest management, almost 20% of our food supply will be wasted due to consumption of rodents.
Each year, millions of dollars worth of food is lost to rodent attacks and infestation. By controlling the threat, it is possible to keep food supplies at manageable and useful levels. On the homefront, implementing pest control measures can help prevent food waste and contamination.
Pests do not only consume food, they also leave behind undesirable organic matter such as dead skin, body parts, feces and urine, all of which can affect the quality of the food we eat. It is also essential these days to keep your business facilities pest-free.
- 6. “Do-it-Yourself” Isn’t Always Doing Enough
Many do-it-yourself treatments appear to get the job done, when in reality they only attack the tip of the iceberg. Most store-bought and home remedies are only capable of taking care of what you see on the surface.
More often than not, the source of your infestation is hidden away. That’s why it is important to contact a pest control professional at the first sign of a home invasion who knows just what to look for, and how to get rid of it for good.
- 7. Stress-Free Living
Last but not the least , One thing is for certain; a pest free home is a happy home. Even the sign of the tiniest unwanted creature can cause a huge headache. Our most basic pest control plan includes year-round bi-monthly inspections, and both indoor and outdoor treatments to stop any and all pests. Just give us a call, and we’ll handle the rest.
Pest control should be a top priority for your home. There are also several other methods of pest control which you could also explore. Regular professional inspections and mitigation measures not only take care of any problems you may be facing now, but also in the future.
- 1. Gel – This is the most common and safe alternative, especially around kids. You can use it in single residential buildings as well as multi-family residential buildings, offices, shops, schools, and even industrial areas. This is used on creepy crawlers but the method is especially the most effective and powerful cockroach killer that targets all the toughest infestation of roaches. Roaches are not only crafty, but they also breed quickly and spread many hazardous diseases. Different types of roach species live and breed in different environments. That’s why it is hard to finish all the roaches at once. The advantages of soft gel baits are that they can be easily dispensed in varying amounts and they can be placed at specific locations where they will be encountered. After this is done, you can get immediately back to your routine life as there is no need to vacate your lovely home or office.
- 2. Spray – Liquid insecticide concentrates are the most popular formulation of pest control products with homeowners and professionals alike. Insecticide concentrates can be mixed with water at different rates depending on the size of your home, villa, yard, office, shop, warehouse, etc., and the severity of your infestation. Even better, many liquid insecticide concentrates are labeled for use against multiple pests and application sites. highly potent kills both airborne and crawlers. Crawling insect surface sprays work on the principle that after spraying an area, a thin layer of insecticide remains as a residue on the surface of the material. When an insect walks across this surface, they pick up the insecticide on their legs and body. The insecticide either enters their body directly or as a result of grooming and the insect dies. This is a good way to deal with various types of pests and also is highly effective. One must vacate their premises for at least 4 to 5 hours after spraying it to avoid the difficulty of odor-bearing.
Noticing pests in your home and wondering how far in they really are is very stressful. So is treating an infestation after it has already happened. The good news is that you don’t just have to react to vermin in and around your home. You can be proactive and use ongoing pest control services to provide your family a better life.